Website Support Assistant
Trading for nearly 40 years, Ninehundred Communications Group is based in Doncaster and specialises in mobile communications technology and security solutions. As a key part of our marketing strategy, the company operates several static and CMS based websites and web applications that are managed in-house.
An opportunity has become available for someone to join our team to assist in planning, building, managing and maintaining Joomla powered websites and other web based assets.
Our intention is that this role will be progressive, leading to a web development / support role.
Typically you may currently be a junior at a web agency, be responsible for content on your employer’s website or have left full time education having studied web design and development.
As an ideal candidate you should have some experience in building static websites and preferably have worked with Joomla. However, if you have worked with Wordpress, another CMS or static site generator, this may be considered suitable.
The role will be to assist with:
- Site planning, design, development and builds
- Site testing
- Site maintenance
- Site backups
- Site restores
- System and extension/plugin updates
- Domain management
- Hosting management
- Content creation
- SEO and PPC
- Site analytics
- Ad hoc projects
You will work closely with the existing developer, marketing and in-house graphic designers to help maintain and improve the company’s brand and visibility on the web and to provide a user friendly, relevant and safe environment for our website visitors.
- Basic to intermediate experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience in building websites, ideally with Joomla
- Ability to use a code editor such as Brackets, Notepad++ or Sublime
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to take ownership and resolve issues
- The ability to work alone and uninterrupted
- The ability to work to deadlines
Also required is a keen interest in web technologies, a desire to learn and develop, patience, persistence, initiative and lots of enthusiasm.
This is a full time, permanent role at our Head Office in Doncaster offering:
- £17-£20k depending on experience
- Ongoing development and learning resources
- 20 days’ holiday plus statutory rising to 25 days
- On-site free parking