Junior Web Developer
Trading for nearly 40 years, Ninehundred Communications Group is based in Doncaster and specialises in mobile communications technology and security solutions.
As a key part of our marketing strategy, the company operates several static and CMS based websites and web applications that are managed in-house.
An opportunity has become available for someone to join our team to help in planning, building, managing and maintaining Joomla powered websites.
As a suitable candidate you should have some experience in building and setting up hosting for websites, preferably with Joomla. However, if you have worked with Wordpress or another CMS this may be considered suitable.
What is more important is a keen interest in web development, a desire to learn, patience, persistence, initiative and lots of enthusiasm.
The role will be to assist with:
- Site planning, design, development and builds
- Site testing
- Site maintenance
- Site backups
- Site restores
- System and extension/plugin updates
- Domain management
- Hosting management
- Content creation
- SEO and PPC
- Site analytics
- Ad hoc projects
You will work closely with the existing development, marketing and in-house graphic designers to help maintain and improve the company’s brand and visibility on the web and to provide a user friendly, relevant and safe environment for our website visitors.
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience in building a website with Joomla and Wordpress
- The ability to write code in a text editor such as Notepad++
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to take ownership and resolve issues
- The ability to work alone and uninterrupted
- The ability to work to deadlines
This is a full time permanent role offering
- 20 days’ holiday plus stats rising to 25 days
- On-site free parking