Icom Satellite Push To Talk Radios
Icom's IC-SAT100 Portable Satellite Push To Talk Radio is the only satellite radio offering real-time communications at the push of a button between a group of individuals - each of whom can be anywhere on the planet*.
The IC-SAT100 hand held radio and the IC-SAT100M mobile radio use the Iridium® satellite communication network, which covers the entire globe, including both poles.
Using 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Iridium® satellites, the IC-SAT100 radios provide low-latency communication and broader, more reliable network coverage compared to Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit (GEO) satellites.
IC-SAT100 users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talkgroup, with just a push of the transmit (PTT) button.
IC100 Satellite PTT
Icom IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT Radio
One-to-many global communications with just the push of a button.
The IC-SAT100 is a unique Satellite PTT (Push To Talk) handheld radio from Icom that uses the Iridium® Satellite Communication Network. Unlike a satellite phone, the IC-SAT100 will provide radio service to users with the push of a PTT button. It can be used as a communication tool in remote and isolated areas where there is no mobile phone or landline infrastructure. Also, in the event radio or cellular network infrastructure may be rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, satellite communication can provide a stable and reliable backup solution.
Differing from conventional satellite phones, IC-SAT100 users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talk group, with a simple push of the PTT button.
- One-to-many communication (Up to 15 Groups)
- Wide area global communications
- Real-time, low-latency communication
- Built-in Emergency Key
- Waterproof, dust-tight and durable body, IP67 Waterproof, MIL-STD 810G
- 1500 mW powerful audio for noisy environments
- Long battery life: 24 Hours (standby time), 7 Hours talk time (Approx.)
- Secure conversations with AES encryption
- Short Data Message function
- Voice recording function
- Multiple language display
- Built in Bluetooth® and GPS receiver
- Integrated GNSS receiver
- Priority Interrupt Calling and Short Data Messages
- SMA type antenna connection for an external antenna
- AquaQuake™ function clears any water ingress that may penetrate the speaker grill of the unit
- Compatible with other Iridium® PTT Models, including Iridium Extreme® PTT
- Interoperability with IDAS™ and Analogue Radios through the optional VE-PG4, RoIP Gameway
✝ Some specific functions may not be compatible.
ACCESSORIES FOR THE ICOM IC-SAT100 SATELLITE PTT RADIO
Part Number: FA-S102U
Part Number: AH-40
Part Number: FA-S103U
Allows you to quickly switch between the mag-mount AH-40 external antenna and the FA-S102U handset antenna by a simple twist of the BNC connector.
Downloads (Requires PDF Reader)
* Subscription contracts are required for using the IC-SAT100 Radios. Depending on the country or region, carrying and/or use of the IC-SAT100 Radios may be prohibited.