Body Worn Cameras
Lone Worker Safety - Protect and deter
ARE A GOOD IDEA!
- Protection: Body-worn cameras support the lone worker, promote confidence and provide a tangible backup in confrontational situations.
- Deterrent: They are proven to encourage compliance and prosocial behaviour through self-awareness.
- De escalation: Visual articulation that a user is recording often prompts modified behaviour by both parties that calms a situation.
- Safety: Reduces verbal and physical attackers on workers.
- Transparency: Contributes significantly to the safety for transparency and accountability at the public interface.
- Accuracy: Provides verifiable audio/video reporting including an overview of the scene, time-stamp, verbal exchanges, sequence of events and valuable first-account witness statements.
- Time-saving: Minimises lengthy descriptive reports and paperwork.
- Evidence: Footage from body-worn video devices is admissible through the judicial chain.
- Accelerates the judicial process: Increases prosecutions and early guilty pleas.
- Reduces complaints: Members of the public are less likely to make spurious complaints against workers.
- Reduces absenteeism: All the above improve worker health and safety, working conditions and promotes mental well-being in vulnerable staff.
- Saves time and money: The combined benefits of body-worn video contribute to efficient workflow and cost-saving.