Ninehundred Communications is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. An option to opt out of marketing emails is provided on our contact forms.
We may change this policy without notice. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy was last reviewed on 17 July 2016.
What we collect
We collect the following information:
- Name, contact information including email address, demographic information such as postcode
- Details of your enquiry
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive when you are browsing the internet. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies are sometimes referred to as "first party" (cookies placed by this website) and "third party" (cookies placed by external websites we link to).
Cookies placed by our website
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience by allowing you to interact with us and enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. The cookies we place in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you.
Many of our webpages include the function to contact us using our contact forms and use of these forms set a cookie (aiContactSafeMessageId) without this cookie the form will be ineffective, this cookie would be therefore considered strictly necessary.
All our pages have a facility that allows visitors to share a page. Use of this facility will place a session cookie to allow use of the facility.
We also use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and to ensure that we are providing relevant content and to improve the experience for our website visitors.
The following tracking cookies are being used on our site to analyze performance and trends and in no way can we personally identify you:
- _utmz stores where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link) This cookie expires in 6 months.
- _utma stores each user’s amount of visits, and the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit. Expires after 2 years from set/update.
- _utmb and _utmc are used to check approximately how long you stay on our site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends. Expires after 30 minutes.
- Our website administration and maintenance platform sets a session cookie that allows you to move more quickly from page to page and registers a page visit.
Third party cookie usage is covered in the following section - links to other websites.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies when you visit our website and we use a Cookie Control Panel located at the bottom right corner of the Browser window. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However this may prevent you from taking full advantage of website functionality such as contact forms and sharing content with friends. You can find out more about cookies at aboutcookies.org.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to access this content, you should note that if it is not one of our websites we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the content, protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Cookies placed by other websites
As with web content we have no control over the cookies placed by other websites (third party cookies).
For enhanced website functionality we have embedded some external content with our own webpages and some third party cookies will be placed. Currently these include:
- Video - Equipment manufacturer videos delivered by YouTube (owned by Google). We have taken steps to remove external adverts from our video pages.
- Maps - Our contact pages include Google Maps as a tool to assist with locating our office.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about products and services which we think you may find interesting if you choose not to opt out.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct that information.